Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Words of Advice for Creating a Parenting Plan.

I should stop being surprised when I hear a parent say "our parenting plan does not work!" This comment comes equally from moms and dads. Once one of the parents becomes “concerned”, “dissatisfied”, or fill in the blank about exactly what is wrong with their parenting plan, immediate attention can avoid years of conflict. A very common concern about parenting plans is a “lack of detail” – who does what, when? I see the “lack of detail” parenting plans most often when people settle their parenting issues. That seems surprising because when parents settle, they have a unique opportunity to create a parenting plan that fits their particular family needs. Their agreements have avoided being told how to parent their children by the judge, or having a “one size fits all” parenting plan utilized for their family. How does this happen? I see it mostly when people are “so agreeable” in their settlement negotiations that they just cannot envision a set of circumstances where parents may disagree “at least as it relates to the children.” The “that will never happen” rapidly turns into, “how did this happen?” A way to avoid future problems is to take the time to really think about your parenting plan immediately when parents are considering ending their romantic relationship – it is never too soon! Think of your parenting plan as the “lowest level of acceptable behavior” between parents who are acting in their children’s best interest. Figure out what is important to you and then make sure that you include those items in your parenting plan. Knowing what each parent’s minimum responsibilities are creates the best framework to raising happy, healthy and well adjusted children who just happen to live in two homes.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent commentary on that subject. We appreciate your knowledge that you really to leave out with us! Divorce procedure in pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  2. “In short, this class is exactly what my wife and I needed. We needed a community of other married couples fighting to have sweet and adventure marriages for support… Before United Marriage, it was easier to point the finger at my husband   as the issue. Through each assessment of the course, I have gotten more comfortable accepting my flaws and communicating them to my husband   which has led to greater vulnerability in my marriage. My husband   has also grown more comfortable expressing his challenges in our marriage as well… It has shown me that good marriages require a lot of work and that nothing happens by osmosis. That’s why love spell has become a helper in our marriage which is possibly our biggest victory, before our successful marriage we had separated several times then I come across Dr Itua love spell which has really helped me get my husband back to my life, Dr Itua helped me with love spell when my marriage was going insane when my husband was having an affair outside but with the help of Dr Itua love spell I and My husband   are now happy, every day in our life is now a happy moment and we just have our third child Lori, I thank Dr itua for his help so if you are here facing hard time on relationship or marriage then this testimony is for you to contact Dr Itua for a help to keep your marriage or relationship Dr Itua contact, drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Then what's app +2348149277967  

    ReplyDelete